Monday, December 16, 2013

Sorry that a persons death inconvenienced your commute...First World Problems!!

Today, there was a fatal car accident just outside of the town I live in.   It brought traffic southbound to a halt for hours.  Tragically, a man died...others, seriously hurt.  As I read some Facebook posts tonight, I was saddened to see how "inconvenienced" people were by someone's death.  Are we that entitled of a people, we can't wait long enough for such a horrific event to be worked through?

That person's family will never see them again.  You had to wait a couple hours to see your loved ones, and maybe you won't get as much sleep tonight...that family won't sleep tonight.  Are we in that much of a hurry?  What are we doing? 

Tonight I got to serve dinner and give a message at the local Union Gospel Mission, afterward I drove to a local grocery store and joined some friends who were ringing bells to help raise money for the Salvation Army.  The folks we served at the UGM and I'm sure many of the peeps that receive services from the SA, would have loved to sit in your warm, leather upholstered seats, listening to music while you share your vexation and disbelief. 

So, I'm sorry that a human beings death brought you some inconvenience...maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you.  In the meantime, perhaps this video of First World Problems will remind you of how ridiculous we've become.  I hope your commute is better tomorrow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFuLSB73ciU

No comments:

Post a Comment