Sunday, October 21, 2012

To be like your father...

Often, while I am working in my office, my daughter Faith will come and set up "her office" next to mine...I love it. She wants to be like her daddy, to be close to me, and join in the "grandeur" of study and work.

What a great picture of our own life and faith...trying to create space in our lives to be close to our Heavenly Father, trying to be like him. We fall short daily don't we...but the journey continues.

What I love most about my daughter being next to me is that we are just together...I imagine that God delights in you and I just being together with him. My daughter doesn't "do" much in my office with me...she's just here, and I look forward to it every day.

I imagine God looks forward to us being with him everyday too...

Do you create space in your life to be in your Heavenly Father's presence...I bet he loves it when you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment